Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Girls, a Kitten and a Panda





Hello everyone!  Have you had a good week?  I've had to do a lot of 'real' work this week.  I've had a lot of clients in need of hair cuts, curls and colours - so glad I can do that right here at home!!  And I've had to organize new tenant move-in's, bathroom renovations,  carpet layers, the painter and the repair man.  The building has had some major fix-ups this week, and when it's nice out, and when I get the flowers planted (hope that happens soon!), I'll take a pic of the courtyard and show you all what a cute little building we live in!  My grandad managed this place for almost 20 years, and I took over almost 10 years ago when he got ill.  We've been here for 13 years and even though we're a little cramped with two teenage boys sharing a room, it works really well for us!  Thank heavens they get along for the most part!  My grandad has passed on, but my Nannykins still lives in the same suite and we try and see her every day.  My  boys still have sleep-overs with her as often as possible and eat her out of house and home!

Even though this has been a hectic week, I managed to find time to make a new panda and a kitten.  They still need their finishing touches which I'm keeping secret for now:)  I also started embroidering the faces of six new Little Ladies that I'm hoping to have ready by next week.  I'll keep you posted with pic's of their progress!

Lastly, I'm feeling slightly guilty right now, because I just adopted my very first Blythe doll and I can't wait till she gets here!  I've promised myself that one of each, a Pullip and a Blythe will be enough - I just hope I can stick to my guns!!  I ended up giving my first Pullip doll - Vivienne to my mom because she just loved her so much.  I have kept Maylee and she will be my little clothing model for our new etsy store.   And hey, now that I think about it,  we can start making Blythe clothing too... so maybe I don't feel that guilty after all!

Hugs