Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Raggedys

I made my first raggedy a couple of weeks ago and have been looking forward to making some more with eager anticipation!  Before I could begin, I had to order more felt and I thought I'd get some prim doll yarn for their hair too.  Today I finally got them all sewn up and they're ready to put together.  There will be a boy to match Anais and then I'll be making a boy and girl with the traditional red hair.  Here's a shot of their progress so far,


Anais is laying on the fabrics I plan to use for their clothing and isn't that lace beautiful??  Can't wait to use it!!


Ok, must admit that cutting out is NOT my favourite part - but unfortunately there's no way around not doing it!!  If only I had some little elves to come and do that part as well as all the sewing up, that way I could do all the fun stuff!!











These are the boy shoes.  I appliqued a strip of lighter felt down the centre and added black beads on either side.  Finished them off with little embroidered crosses as the laces.














So, that's as far as I've gotten for now.  I'm hoping to get them all done before Thursday as we are going to Vancouver Island for a few days to visit my hubby's family.

Hope all you moms had a very special Mother's Day!!
hugs,
Shelly
xo